Sunday, September 12, 2010

Let's drop the Rhett and Scarlett act

Scarlett: Sir, you are no gentleman.

Rhett Butler: And you, Miss, are no lady.
 
I forgot how perfectly our hands fit
it kind of scares me now
you hurt me kid
and now every time I see you
I'd rather be in your arms
Everything is the same
everything is changed
I'm still wearing my St.Christopher
do your remember wearing it to Maine?
"too close too soon"
that's what you said last night
on yet another epic trip of ours
what did you expect?
I said nothing
instead I looked at the rain pouring down
and thought how I'd rather be kissing you in it
and then we almost ended up in Georgia
Arguing with you still one of my favorite things to do
but that girl she loves you
and you call her a victim.....
so what am I?
You opened a door you probably shouldn't have
so what did I do
I got on the interstate to clear my head
 I listened to all our songs
and my hair still smells like cigarettes
we were never very good at compromising
we work very well
when we are ourselves
this summer I've been trying to forget you
I ran and ran
you did too
but you missed me
you missed "this"
kissing you felt familiar and safe
However today you pulled away
I wasn't really shocked just dissapointed
I know you better than anyone
you know me just as well
so why is it so hard to admit?
I don't know
but I know when to let go
you've pushed me away
 So I'll be seeing you baby
Remember me

No comments: