Sunday, May 8, 2011

You're my favorite bright crayon

"So brown eyes I hold you near

Cause you’re the only song I want to hear"


The smell of honeysuckle hits me
as I drive down kingston
 headed to the park
my park knowing you won't be there
you're about 90 miles west of me
but I can't go back right now
not with everyone at home counting on me
I don't do great with change
all I want is your arms wrapped about me
instead I'm alone in my room
staring at my phone
old school death cab blaring
Soul meets body
Summer begins and together we aren't physically
but in spirit always
do you miss me as much as I miss you?
has it sunk in yet?
do you hate sleeping alone?
do you miss telling me how to drive
having someone to be with always?
Can a dog replace someone like me?
I'm your crazy little girl
who would cover the world in sparkles and pearls
if she could
I miss you
I thought by now I would have run far away
but I can't do that
my hearts with you
I don't know if you understand
it yet but you saved me from myself

1 comment:

K said...

i get this...in a weird way. Maybe not as much as you believe I do. But
I love, "I thought by now I would have run far away
but I can't do that"