Friday, August 28, 2009

Betsey Johnson BarbieDoll


I'm ready to run again
Let's leave the past behind
A warning placed beside my heart
Caution I'm not the girl you want
Causing me to say you're not really for me anyway
But you know I don't really mean it
And I'm sure you know I'm better off alone
Do you realize my bluster
The facade I'm able to bring about
Everything created to please the eye
But really I just want to dance
No spin in circles hand in hand with you
Strawberry Wine the soundtrack
You hold me to while I sleep
No expectations assumed for something I can't give
Unfortunately my facade fades away
And gives way to reality
Which I realize that while reading between your lines
You've gone some place that I've lost your interest
This time around I'm not going to try to control you
with your wanton bedroom eyes
That girl grew up on a freezing night while she cried herself to sleep
Making it a lose lose situation
Damned if I do by the audience of my wannabe life
And damned by myself for pushing you away
Which is why you could never love me
I wish you could have been my"dare to be great situation"
Loving me the way I love:complete unabashed and never ending
But I can't be restrained
And I will never be your wildflower
But its ok I walk on alone
Eyes flashing fire alive
No man is ever worth your freedom
**Dedicated to every "would have, should have,could have"-SATC
"Sometimes when I think about you
Why you're always running away
Sitting in your car
Changing who you are
And drowning the thoughts of your life in the music"(Red Light Fever) Liz Phair

No comments: