Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pretty in Black

"No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
And if you try sometime you find
You get what you need"

Stitches on the wrist
Hope is dead
as the preacher
in his rich voice
preaches to the congregation
not knowing why
she cries as she plays the Rolling Stones on the organ
this is the reason I planned out my own funeral
so long ago
LBD's mandatory
I think I have a mixed cd around here to be played
It will be right at sunrise
coffee available strong like I make it
maybe screen my favorite movie before
bury me underneath the spanish moss
inscribe something on my tomb
but make it memorable
I wonder when I will be at my  best
If I sell out?
if my spirit breaks
Then you know I'm dead
People who say they have no regrets
are lying
I've learned more from regretting
than happy memories
I hope that I'm not the cause of anyone's regrets
except old lovers and possibly classmates
They can die with what if's but I sure as hell don't want to
and a final note Never let death control you
because it in itself has no control


PS:the movie that inspired me is The Big Chill

1 comment:

K said...

hell yes.yes yes yes.