Sunday, December 7, 2008

Breaking my childhood pact

I think of loves relativity in life
I picture you in my mind
Strange as it is
I'm ok with the uncertainty before me
Forever being just as relative as love
Knowing in my jaded sense
That nothing turns out the way you've planned it
YET
I can't imagine not being with you
That in itself scares me
Your touch is like fire on my skin
Becoming one with me
Forgetting yesterday and looking toward tomorrow
Falling back into you
Hoping you catch me as I do
Beckoning with a hand
I ask you to join me on my journey
Vowing to you to never make it about the destination
Why put an end on something that has only just begun?
I allowed you entry into my heart
that in itself begs of you not to misuse the privilege

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."- Judy Garland

No comments: