Monday, December 8, 2008

MKW

I hate the rawness you bring out in me
The utter humility I feel
bring me down to my knees
pride gone out the window
My heart beats faster than ever right now
it's 7 and you're not picking up
so I go away
screaming on the inside
I'm fragile don't mess with me
I write just how I speak
My entire world revolves around you
My little boy blue
and I hate it
I say that not meaning a word
as the tears start to form
All I need is to hear your voice
assure me it's going to be ok
holding me whispering into my ear
everything I've always wanted to hear
for the first time I believe it all
Then I look up at you and think," I love this boy"
I hang my head in silence for letting myself feel this way
and then look up again and I see myself in your eyes
I'm perfect and I don't understand
then again when you're sixteen
that is kind of the norm
Still I smell your cologne the next morning
remembering just the way you held me
softly saying on the wind till next time my love


You want to know what makes me love you more than I loved him? It's because when he got me I was perfectly unused, I was fearless and a hopeless romantic. When you got me I was battered and bruised, afraid of the world, and cynical about love ... yet you didn't leave.

No comments: