Friday, October 23, 2009

The Day the Music Came Alive

The day the music came alive
LOCATION: Car/ Highway , Surfside

YEAR: 2006
TAGS: The summer of a thousand days
PUBLISHED: June 10, 2008
SONG: Buffalo Springfield

I'll never forget the first time I heard this song. I was on my way to the beach with my grams for memorial day weekend. It was the beginning of the summer going into my freshmen year. She had this random cd in the car so I put it in and began to search around for a song that I liked. I remember i stopped on this song. I became mesmirized by it I am not really sure why. Maybe, because it was a 60's protest song and I could relate in my own way. Maybe it was the fact that I would soon lose my innocence and naivety and always look back on this time fondly filled with both. I don't think it was that at all I think it was the beginning of a new chapter in my life. As strange as that sounds this has and always will be the themesong in mylife. I think it's because it reminds me when everything was beautiful. Even so, that day will always be remembered as taking us 3 hours to get to our destination which was only a 1 and a half away. It took so long because Grams and I stopped at this seedy antique house. This was where I found my first 45's Bobby Darin and The Monkee's. I of course read bobby darin wrong and thought it said Bob Dylan. I remember being so excited then dissapointed when I got into the car and saw that it was not Dylan.When we finally arrived I was actually upset because the ride was over and if I have learned one thing in life it's that" It's in the journey not the destination." This of course would not become evident to me until a few years down the road. Looking back though, I realize that the ride was the best part and I guess that's how life is. Just like the quote said It's not exactly where you go it's how you get there. Problaby the hardest lesson I ever learned, but am ever so greatful for it.

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one
man from another.

Ernest Hemingway

No comments: