Friday, October 23, 2009

Life's Playlist

Life's playlist

LOCATION: On top of a bronco overlooking the sunset , Canyon,Texas
YEAR: 2008
TAGS: everything in between
PUBLISHED: May 20, 2008
Song: Every Breath You Take- The Police

    This song is an amazing 80's classic but even more It's a great breakup song though slightly stalkerish when one listens to it at first but still great. This song brings to mind a question I heard awhile back that intrigued me. Rob: What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. "Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music"? Rob makes a good point. By the way this quote was taken from the movie High fidelity in case anyone ever reads this and wants to watch it. Great film very pessimistic but very real at the same time(Late 90's classic). Still the question ensues does music make us depressed or are we depressed because we listened to it. Well my theory is that everyone out there has music that is waiting to be discoverd the kind that will change their lives.

When I talk about this most people think I am crazy but I am really not. I'm just willing to admit what others won't. The power of music I believe that music has the ability to make you realize what was there all along. Music can heal you whether it was sent from God or whatever you believe. I know for a fact I would not be here if it was not for my music because I had nothing left to believe in. Music is the drug that I use to tune everything out to live in denial.At the same time it's what saved me. I truly believe God sent me music to find him it was predestined in my journey to happen. It's impacted me in a way I'll never be able tofully understand.So to answer Rob's question I believe in both I believe in music making you miserable but I also believe in music's ability to heal the soul.

My challenge to you all is to go find your music the kind that can heal your soul or tear it to shreds or do both at the same time. Don't just sit around and listen to the repugnent music of our time that is on the billboards top 100. Instead search around learn who you are become the person you always wanted to be let the music be the inspiration. Let it course through your veins as your life's blood. Be warned all the same though music is a powerful thing and can be used for just about anything good or evil. Oh, and totally random song but I thought it was a beautiful 80's ballad so whatever.

No comments: