Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Virtues gone by with the wind of yesterday

Careening into the night
full speed off kilter we go
Thoughts consume us as we do
hand in hand
you lead me down a dark path
I don't know where I'm going
strangely being okay
forgetting reality we come upon a field
I grab your hand
and we dance under the moonlight
To no music but the slow and steady
breaths we take together
Reminiscing under the willow
I told you story after story from my childhood
you laid there
listening with an intensity I had never seen
When I finally wanted to let go
you took me by surprise
by saying, " baby it's ok to just cry."
saying those words brought about the tears
you had never seen me cry
And I never thought you would
Instead of seeing weakness you pulled me closer
and wiped away the tears
softly whispering in my ear
while we watched the sunrise together
it was cold and the dew was on the grass
I was taken aback by the beauty of the mountains
something I've never seen
yet, I've looked upon them every day since birth
realizing then, with a bittersweet joy
that you need someone
to fully understand
the unseen beauty in life


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You astonish me. You write stuff that's oh-so-clearly in the here and now, and then tell me that my stuff - which, comparitively, sounds like an old man in a tweed suit, babbling at his nurse - is appropriate to the times.
I do hope you're doing well, by the by.